Saturday, May 28, 2011

Settleing-in in Lanzhou

As my darling wife has stated, glad to be not moving and clean from a shower. The Grand Soluxe Hotel is very nice with all the amenities, including some remodeling on the side of my room. I'm sure it will be nice when they finish sometime when I am back at home enjoying Thanksgiving with the whole family. My guide had a brought time finding me Becca's my timing with a Dutch tourist group arriving made it hard to find the "American". Steve is very nice a very knowledgeable. We traveled a hour or so to the hotel and saw many unique things. The hills around this area(Steve called them mountains) are made of Golden Sand. They are stepped in layers to allow for agriculture. Many have a small temple on top to pray for good harvests. They also have small caves made into them for people to live in.
I will meet Shepherd this afternoon around 4:00. Another family is adopting a little girl from the same orphanage and they both will be brought to the hotel then.
I am off to see what I can find in the very noisy city. There seems to be a constant noise of car horns, fireworks, and loud music.

Scott - the silly American at large

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it safely. Hope all goes well at the first meeting. Noise? Not in China! Enjoy,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete