Sunday, May 29, 2011

Another day...

I am perturbed.  I think that is the best way to sum up my current feelings.  It is still almost 5 hours before I meet my son.  There are two other families here who already have their precious babies; even my husband has our youngest, and I sit here twittling my thumbs.  I know it is an orphanage decision about when and where the exchange takes place, but it doesn't change the fact that it is irritating.  All in His time - I think he's still trying to teach me patience :)
 
I did get to see Shepherd last night.  He is sooo cute.  I could just pinch his little cheeks all day!  When I came up on the screen he was playing in the background and Scott called him over.  He looked at the computer and said "Mama".  Broke my heart that I couldnl't pick him up and hug him, but it also filled me with joy that even thousands of miles away he knows who I am.  Last night was rough for Scott and for Chong Chong (ophanage nick name).  We stayed together on Skype while he screamed and cried for mama and baba - not us.  We knew he was tired and had a long day but going through it by yourself is rough.  Scott did get a little sleep last night but Chong Chong was up several times.  He is a fiddler and is very stubborn so he should fit right into our family.  We spoke this morning for a few minutes and he was all smiles and kept taking Mama's picture with the camera and then would show it to me.  He blew me a kiss and told me bye.  No love you yet but that is ok.  Scott is doing a wonderful job with him and I am so proud to call him my husband.
 
The biguns at home are doing well.  They are helping Memaw and having fun skyping with us.  My internet is not very consistent but it seems to be ok for the most part. 
 
I had my first Guiyang meal yesterday with my guide Vickie.  It was FABULOUS.  One dish, hands down, is the best meal I have ever had in China.  Unbeknownst to me, Guiyang is famous for it's

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there-what seems like a long time now won't seem like it even a few days from now.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures of the boys! I've been thinking of and praying for you, and of course checking your blog constantly. You'll all be together very soon--hang in there!

    ReplyDelete