Saturday, May 28, 2011

Made it to Guiyang

Well, I am here. I arrived at the airport about 2 hours ago.  My guide is Vicki and seems really sweet and fully of energy.  Which would be great except I am totally beat.  The sad news I will not get to meet Sawyer until Monday afternoon.  The orphanage does not want to bring him to the hotel and the adoption office isn't open until Monday.  He is a few hours outside of the city so it will take most of the morning for them to get here.  I really miss Scott.  Although we both know this was the right thing to do for our entire family, it did not stop me from crying when we had to part in Beijing.  My flight here was good with no problems.  The funny thing was I was the ONLY and I do mean ONLY white person on the plane...and in the airport for that matter.  Vickie saw me before I saw her.  Our driver seems good - aka - we did not crash between here and the airport.  For those of you who have never been to China, think of it this way...the lines on the road are merely "guidelines".  Most of the time, the drivers drive ON THEM instead of BETWEEN them.  It is good to be back in China and I look forward to all of the fun things Vickie has planned.
 
I do have a favor though.  I cannot get are RQ here for some reason.  We did not download VPN's before we left so would someone please email me if they see another parent is in the province. I am at the Sheraton which is SUPER nice.  Also, if LynnC posts, tell her I said hey and can't wait to meet in Guangzhou.  Stupid cell phones aren't working either.  Worked fine in Beijing and in Korea but not here.  Go figure.
 
Going to take a shower now.  36 hours of travel stinks...literally!!
 
Lots of love!
Sheila

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safely! We are traveling June 16th to get our son in Guiyang. We also will be at the Sheraton. Hope Monday cones quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it; hope you can get rested up before Monday.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete