Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happy, glorious, uplifting, exciting, terrifying news

We will soon be a family of SEVEN!!!!

In the midst of all the worry and grief, God has brought us to the last chapter of our adoption journey. On October 10th, Scott and I will board a flight to Ethiopia to bring our daughter home! We are beyond excited and the boys, even Shepherd, appear to be excited also. Shepherd even drove Sophie's stroller around the house saying "Shepherd push Sophie". I am happy to have something to do and plan. I have made lists and had friends (with babies) check it twice. I want to make this as smooth as possible for her. Scott is excited to travel to Ethiopia for the first time. It is almost surreal that we will be leaving in 2 weeks and bringing home a BABY that's a GIRL!

Now, on to more nesting..... :0)

Sheila

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! How old is Sophie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7 months old...I will be changing diapers again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelia...We would love any pics you can get! So excited for you guys...just wish I could be there with you. The Embassy is taking forever! It is so great you get to go and be with Sophie. Please give Hadi a squeeze from us...maybe two! Let me know how it all goes. Hope we are right behind you. Love to you...Jill
    Oh, Sorry about your house. That is so difficult. We will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete