Monday, July 11, 2011

Mystery

The first day as brothers....



Finally...all together in Guangzhou...



Blogger is officially a mystery to me. It stopped working for me while we were in China which is why the updates stopped. After several attempts to work with blogger, I haven't been able to reconnect. I can type my posts here but then must log on to my iPad in order to post. A pain to say the least but it is working for now. So, here are the highlights....

1. Enjoyed Safari Park in Guangzhou.

2. Bought the Little Emperor (aka Shepherd) a stroller in Guangzhou because carrying him was a little to much.

3. Medical was a breeze, no crying and no bad results or info.

4. Flight home was ok. Love Korean Air if only because they totally dote on the children. I think Shepherd would cry sometimes just to be totally surrounded by lovely flight attendants.

5. Transition, for the most part has been great. Shepherd still has issues sleeping through the night and is a picky eater but he is a delight and lots of fun. He also told me he loved me, unsolicited, in Chinese last week which melted my heart. He is trying to hold on to his Chinese which we are encouraging and will be enrolled in a Pre K program which has a native Mandarin speaker. He is my lovely dovey and is very much like Samuel. Sawyer is doing well, especially given his history, but is still working through his attachment issues. He does not spontaneously tell us he loves us, but he has a ready smile and gives hugs and kisses freely. He wants to learn English badly and is constantly asking us to tell him what something is. He will be going to Kindergarten in the same early elementary Simon attended so they are accustomed to my children. Sawyer is very much like Simon. He likes to play alone sometimes, loves puzzles and wants to learn. God knew, of course, what he was doing when he gave us these boys.

6. Samuel is doing well with the transition. He loves that the littles are little and he can help take care of them. He also likes that they are short!! Simon is still trying to figure out where he fits in this family now but loves his little brothers. Although, the other day, he did say he wasn't sure if he could handle 2 little brothers :)

7. Scott is in hog heaven of course. He is surrounded by testosterone and little boys who like to fiddle. I think he hated going back to work but loves coming home to choruses of "Daddy" and "Baba".

8. I'm tired... :) Going from 2 to 4 has been a transition from cooking to laundry to dishes. Bathroom time is always interesting given we only have the one. We are still trying to sell our house so if you know someone who would love a small, lovely farmhouse in Georgia, please send them our way! For the first time in 5 years, I have taken the summer off (with the exception of about 5 days). It has been great spending time with the boys.

9. We have other news but can't share for a bit yet. Never a dull moment in our house!!

10. The boys have been to their first minor league baseball game, swimming in a pool, birthday party, and children's museum. Haven't tried the movies yet because Shepherd can't sit still.


So, I hope that updates you to date. I will say God has truly blessed our lives. I have said before on this blog that I never considered myself the "mom" type and I still stand by that self assessment. I will say, however, that God gives us what we need and what He gave me in my late 30's has been patience and an abundance of love for these beautiful children - all of them.
Blessings,
S6

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what handsome boys you have! Glad to hear the adjustment is going so well. I love what you wrote about God knowing what He was doing when He matched you with you with your boys! Trying to figure out where my dossier is right now. Could be authentication, could be DTC, I just don't know. Waiting to hear from my agency. Still haven't moved yet either. House hasn't sold. Grrrrr! Keep updating when you have time! So glad you're home and loving every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are going so well. You should buy your husband a sign that says "Last Name & Sons" for the garage at your new house-I bought one for our son in-law after the second baby boy and he was just as proud as a peacock! By the way, I grew up in a one bathroom house with 10 siblings. You just figure out a system eventually.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete