Saturday, April 23, 2011

The journey...

Leave it to a movie like Independence Day (best presidential speech ever, by the way) to bring the concept of faith back into perspective for me. The simple line delivered by the Jewish father..."everyone looses faith sometimes", reminded me that this is a journey, not a destination.

My faith has always been a struggle for various reasons. The adoption journey is no exception. Sometimes it is difficult to step back and just let it happen His way, especially for a control freak such as myself. This is one of those times. To see others receive their TA's while we still wait is very difficult and has caused me to loose the joy, the faith, in this process. These little triumphs for others are a celebration of His plan coming to fruition. I cannot, and have decided I will not, forget this fact. This journey has been HIS plan all along, not ours. We heard the call of our Father to adopt and we followed it. He is in every part of this journey, including the delays.

So, my prayers and well wishes go out to my friends who have received their good news. Their journey is just beginning! As for us, well, we are giving it to the Lord....again. :0)

3 comments:

  1. It is very hard! but keep the faith Gods timing is always better than our own! For Anna-Grace we went the year after MJ past away that very week-it was so hard for me to understand why the Lord would want me to get this small sweetie the very same week a year later after MJ past why that week why not the week after or before- Because I needed The Lord to show me his grace and That week we got "Anna-Grace" her name chosen by MJ 0ne month before she past away! God's Timing is always est! You'll be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hear you on every level! Remember that Jesus conquered the grave -- surely He can conquer your adoption. Mine too. It's so hard to keep the faith when we've been waiting through the twists and turns for what seems like forever. So keep writing and know you're not alone and that people are praying for you and ALL of your boys!!! Happy Easter, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell people that with adoption you can count on the certainty of uncertainties. It tests everything you've got! Hang in there.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete