Wednesday, November 4, 2009

National Visa Center

Ok, we have confirmed that NVC wired our packet to Guangzhou yesterday. Our agency had already sent everything over so, hopefully, Article 5 and then TA are not far behind. In the meantime, I have bought a few things to helping with the nesting. I ordered new stockings for the entire family, complete with embroidered names. I am still hoping we will be able to use them this year. I have bought the boys matching jackets, and I have bought a blue jean jacket so he can match my other "boys" (husband and son). I don't know why that matters to me but it does. I think it is extremely important that he know I consider my sons, MY sons - one is not better or replaceable. His birthday is the 21st. We are buying gifts right now. I plan to take pictures complete with a birthday cake to send to China - just so he knows that we know and we are still thinking of him. Too much? Any other ideas I should consider? I was looking the other day and noticed our tooth brush holder only holds three tooth brushes. It was very surreal to realize, oh my gosh, I need to buy a new tooth brush holder!! :) I am sure I am missing some other things, so please feel free to make suggestions. I know everything will not be perfect - but I want him to feel at home. Thanks for all the kind words. It is always refreshing and renewing to know we are not alone!

1 comment:

  1. Reading about how prepared you are getting is flooding me with memories...sweet anticipation!
    I framed a few pictures of KayLi and placed them in her room. She really likes them and did from day one. I wish I had put a couple on a wall with other family photos to convey the message that she belongs in our family. Other than that, I'm sure once you get that toothbrush holder you will be all set :0)

    ReplyDelete