Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Snapshot

Ni Hao Y'all


On this, our last Sunday as a family of three, I wanted to take a moment to pay a special tribute to the most wonderful gift God has ever given me. Our Samuel was so long in coming. Three years of fertility treatments, stress, and heartache almost tore us apart. We struggled with who to blame and the "why me" questions that are so hard to answer. When we gave it to God, however, he gave Samuel to us.



I know mom's say this, but from the moment I saw this amazing creature - I knew- here was a young man who could change the world. He came out like a shot...literally. My OB said it was her first football catch ever. My husband was just happy she didn't drop him. Samuel has the best laugh and the sweetest smile. He loves life and loves our Lord. My son, who will be 9 in March has taught me so much about faith and how to live my life. He is now more than happy to share his life with his new brother, who he believes has been waiting on us all of this time. Although Simon is 7, Samuel is ready to be the "older brother" in all that it entails. He wants to teach him about the Lord, life, and all of it's possibilities. Mind you, my son is not perfect, but I beleive God gives us the children who need us, but also the children we need.

He is stubborn, but he knows when to bend.



He loves his "stuff", but is just as happy enjoying catching snowflakes in his mouth or playing on our farm.



He is silly...ohhh...is he silly and he has the best laugh. You can't help but laugh with him.



He is competitive, even when the competition is head and shoulders above him, he gives it his all.


He loves God's creatures, big and small. He has an intuition with animals that is uncanny and uncommon in one so young. They love him and he takes pride in the fact that he helps to take care of them.




So, on our last Sunday together, my son, I want you to know how much I love you. You will always be my first born, my first miracle, God's lesson to me on the true meaning of love. I love you pumpkin!



Mom

3 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post! My parents also struggled with infertility before having me, and my mom still describes her agony through those years so vividly. Thank God for Samuel...and Simon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written...I could feel your love and sincerity. He must be amazing!!!

    Can't wait to follow and pray you through your journey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samuel sounds like an incredible little man! What a blessing he is, in many ways :)
    Thanks for joining in Sunday Snapshot this week!

    ReplyDelete