Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Several times today, I felt down regarding the TA wait, but God knew what I needed. When I went to pick up our son from school today, his teacher from last year was there. I stopped in just to say "hi", or so I thought, but God had other plans. After a few moments of teary eyes (which ended up being 30 minutes:), I found myself feeling renewed by her spirit, faith, and confidence in this process. She understood my struggle as a mom with giving this fully to God at times. My CHILD is thousands of miles away and sometimes it feels impossible not to worry about him or worry that I may not ever get there. She provided me with an affirmation that moms in general struggle with giving our children to God. I needed to know I wasn't alone in this. This adoption has allowed us to grow in our faith in ways we could not imagine, yet we are still saddled with the same barriers to God that plague the everyday person. At times it is difficult to remember that. I see the beautiful miracle we are in the middle of, but, sometimes, the paperwork and paper chase can cloud the picture. God always gives up people who can reflect our world back to us from a better perspective, HIS perspective. In his time, we will have our son. Part of me still wishes he would hurry though ;)

God, bless the people you put in our lives and the small miracles that we miss every day. Let them have peace that today, and everyday, they make some one's life better - even when they don't know it.

2 comments:

  1. God has away of blessing our socks off doesn't He?! Ma your wait pass quickly, so that you can hold your new son and forget all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post of GOD's great goodness! It has been a struggle to watch others go and come back, and we are still waiting.

    But our wait is almost over!!

    We finally got our TA, but we are not leaving until Dec. 31, and have our CA Jan. 11.

    And maybe, just maybe, you will be there at the same time!

    I pray it is soon for you.

    And until then, may HIS grace be felt so close to your heart, an may HE continue to bless you with hope through HIS people.

    ReplyDelete