Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Stuck


I am disheartened, depressed, disenchanted and just plan down. Due to the new changes with the I800 filings, i.e. moving Chicago processing to Texas where they process much more than I800s, we still have not received our approval and cannot even begin to wait for TA even though we received our LOA almost 1 month ago. I am deeply searching for meaning, understanding, and the ability to give this fully to God. I would truly like to experience some peace in all of this but it is difficult to know all we have to look forward to is waiting and that our son may not get to join our family this year. I keep trying to remember that this is truly a God thing from start to finish and I don't have to understand all of the details, but it is nonetheless very heartbreaking. I wish I had more to say or news to share but that's all I have....

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry your heart is so heavy. I know it is hard to accept that God's timing and your is not the same. Please know I have been in your shoes before and it is heart wrenching. Trust me though when I say all this pain will be worth every second when you see your sweet boys face. I will pray for you and your family. Please let me know if I can help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for checking out my little blog and for your sweet words of encouragment. I'm so sorry you are at such a rough spot in the process but I promise....he's worth it!!!!! It helped me to think of it as labor pains. And yes you forget all about them when you are holding your child in your arms. He will come at the appointed time...HE promised! Habakukk 2:3 has been speaking strongly to me lately. Praying for your peace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I have been amazed at the outpouring of love and support from the adoption community. You understand how much it helps to hear of others who "made it through". :)

    ReplyDelete